got a error on the internet

RCF support and general discussion.
markqiu

got a error on the internet

Post by markqiu »

When democlient and demoserver is in the same machine, everythin is OK. But when I put the demoserver and the demo client to the different machine. everything goes wrong. I got an error:

RCF::Exception: Socket error. Call to OS function socket() failed. OS: 10106 -

I have changed the endpoint parameter to get things done.
In the demoserver:
// Add the endpoints that this server will support.
std::vector<RCF::EndpointPtr> endpoints;
endpoints.push_back( RCF::EndpointPtr( new RCF::TcpEndpoint("0.0.0.0",50001) ) );
endpoints.push_back( RCF::EndpointPtr( new RCF::HttpEndpoint("0.0.0.0",50002) ) );

in democlient:
endpoints.push_back( RCF::EndpointPtr( new RCF::TcpEndpoint("xxx.xx.xxx.xxx",50001) ) );
endpoints.push_back( RCF::EndpointPtr( new RCF::HttpEndpoint("xxx.xx.xxx.xxx",50002) ) );

But it does't work.

I searched, 10106 means:
WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT 10106
Service provider failed to initialize.
The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized. This error is returned if either a service provider's DLL could not be loaded (LoadLibrary failed) or the provider's WSPStartup or NSPStartup function failed.

Please help me, Thank you!

markqiu

Re: got a error on the internet

Post by markqiu »

by the way, I found it works in a LAN. When I put democlient and demoserver in different machines in a LAN, it works. But If I put them in different machines in the internet, it sucks.

jarl

Post by jarl »

This sounds a lot like some sort of connectivity issue on your network. Have you used telnet to verify that the clients have TCP connectivity to the server?

There may be a firewall getting in the way, or something like that.
Kind Regards

Jarl Lindrud
Delta V Software
http://www.deltavsoft.com

markqiu

Post by markqiu »

I've solved that problem by resetting winsock. Thank you very much!

ameliared

Post by ameliared »

Actually, I have also got such kind of issues on my browser regarding such Internet issues that must be recovered by applying an actual solution. They can consult with Adobe error code df024 for resolving these issues permanently.