Android build for Rcf 1.3.1

RCF support and general discussion.
falk

Android build for Rcf 1.3.1

Post by falk »

The Android platform was evaluated for the possibility of using the rcf library in version 1.3.1.
At last the creation and using of a static lib was successfull with an additional small patch, attached in this post. I am not sure if the rcf framework is tested or even supported on this platform by you yet. But at least i can confirm that it runs a classic rcf client/server scenario. Publishing services or version 2.0 was not tested yet.

The build configuration was the following:
  • Android NDK version 8e with arm-gcc 4.6
  • boost 1.49
  • gnustl libc++ implementation
The only problem which is covered by the patch is the SysV API for signal handling. I am not an export for the Linux programming interface but it seems that Google has not yet fully implemented the SysV API in the c runtime library in NDK 8e.
I have created this post that you should be aware on which platform your framework can run :)

One remark. Attaching a patch file was not possible for me so i additionally post the content of the file here:

Code: Select all

--- include/RCF/util/Platform/OS/Unix/BsdSockets.hpp	2011-10-10 13:56:11.000000000 +0200
+++ include/RCF/util/Platform/OS/Unix/BsdSockets.hpp	2013-08-09 14:04:20.717409760 +0200
@@ -152,7 +152,7 @@
                 return errno;
             }

-#if (defined(__MACH__) && defined(__APPLE__)) || defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined(__OpenBSD__) || defined(__NetBSD__)
+#if (defined(__MACH__) && defined(__APPLE__)) || defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined(__OpenBSD__) || defined(__NetBSD__) || defined(__ANDROID__)

inline void disableBrokenPipeSignals()
             {
Kind regards
falk

jarl

Re: Android build for Rcf 1.3.1

Post by jarl »

Thanks Falk, that's good to know. I've committed your patch into the 2.0 codebase.

The forum is a bit picky about the extensions of file attachments... I've added .patch now, as an allowed extension.
Kind Regards

Jarl Lindrud
Delta V Software
http://www.deltavsoft.com