Building RCF proto with mingw in Windows

RCFProto support and general discussion.
jimmy

Building RCF proto with mingw in Windows

Post by jimmy »

Hello,

I am trying to build RCFProto(0.9.0.6) for Windows 7 (64-bits) using MINGW and I am having some problems.
So my first question is of course: Is this supported at all?

The problems i get is the following:

- In Threadpool.cpp:57:9 error: : expected 'catch' before '__except' (and similar errors)
This seems to be (I think) an issue with the code expecting me to use a MS compiler when building in Windows.

- In Schannel:755:51:error: 'CERT_SYSTEM_STORE_CURRENT_USER' was not declared in this scope (and similar errors for all kinds of CERT-related flags)
I suppose I am missing an include somewhere.

I have used the including cmake list to generate the makefile I am using.

Any suggestions?

/Jimmy

jarl

Re: Building RCF proto with mingw in Windows

Post by jarl »

Hi jimmy,

We have at various times in the past attempted to support mingw, but it is a difficult environment to test, so for now we don't officially support it. Having said that, I think the changes needed to make it work are fairly simple.

For the error in ThreadPool.cpp, you can just comment out the implementation of setWin32ThreadName(), as it is only useful for the Visual C++ debugger anyway.

For the errors in Schannel.cpp, you'll need to figure out why the various CERT symbols are not present in the mingw headers - hopefully it is only a matter of including an extra header. Or possibly upgrading the mingw version.

If there is any possibility for you to use Visual C++, that would probably be the easiest way forward. If you do get it working with mingw, and can send us a patch, I would be happy to apply the code changes.
Kind Regards

Jarl Lindrud
Delta V Software
http://www.deltavsoft.com

jimmy

Re: Building RCF proto with mingw in Windows

Post by jimmy »

Thanks Jarl for your response.

I will try your suggestions and come back to you if I make any progress.

best regards

Jimmy